Monday, August 06, 2007

The New Tooth Update

I called the dentist this morning and we now have an appointment for Thursday to see about this pesky little tooth. The lady said that the dentist would determine if it is in fact an extra tooth. I told her the best indication I have that it is extra is the fact that aside from the second molars, I've filled in all the lines in the baby book with dates that the teeth erupted. I'm going to have to insert a line for this one. She agreed that it is probably bonus then.

It will probably have to be extracted, but they won't do it Thursday. They'll see how she reacts to the dentist and then decide if they think laughing gas will calm her down enough to do it without traumatizing her. If she's just ballistic, then they'll have to call in an anesthesiologist. Please pray she does well; I really do not want her to have anesthesia. I know this isn't major at all, but there's always a risk with anesthesia.

My poor baby. As much as I hate the thought of my own teeth needing to be extracted, I really hate the idea of my baby going through that when she has absolutely no idea what's going on. Oh, and I'm sure the healing period is going to be loads of fun. I shouldn't complain at all though. We have been abundantly blessed with Clara's good health. I am so thankful that we haven't had to deal with anything more than a couple of rashes and a few head colds. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to raise a child with real health issues. My heart really goes out to those parents.

2 comments:

The Cox Family said...

We saw my Grandmother this weekend and I remembered to ask her the one Great-Grandparent's name one my Dad's side I couldn't remember. I know non of the ones on my Mom's side. I just remembered this when I was reading you post from last Monday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby! I'll be praying for her. Keep us posted.