Thursday, August 09, 2007

Crisis Averted......For Now

Dentist says tooth can stay. He said that we could just leave it for now I think partly because of how scared she was just looking in her mouth. He said a lot of times, if there is an extra baby tooth, there's also a permanent one, so when she's around 4 or 5, before her permanent teeth start coming in, we'll pull it then.

Until then, I think she's going to be very uncomfortable while it comes in. It's pushing on the two teeth on either side of it. She's had a couple of really nasty meltdowns just all of a sudden this past week, so I'm thinking it's from the tooth.

I guess we're going to have a lovely smile for the next few years. I know it's not a huge deal and I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, but I know first hand what it's like to be embarrassed about your teeth. I have fluorosis on my teeth (brown spots from too much fluoride in the water growing up), and I've always been very self conscious about it. I hate to smile for pictures. You add that to being too tall, too skinny, having too many freckles and top it off with a serving of shyness and you've got the makings of a wallflower extraordinare. I excel at blending in with the crowd. My skills really are spectacular. Even better than my fertilizing skills.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Something must've lit a fire under me yesterday. From about 4:00 til bedtime I.......
-washed and brushed Max
-cleaned our bathroom
-made dinner (and ate it)
-mowed the front yard
-bagged the cut grass
-edged the front and back yard
-swept up the grass on the driveway
-got the sprinklers going in front, side, and back yards
-cleaned up after dinner
-emptied and reloaded dishwasher
-washed and brushed Dingle
-washed and brushed Zoe
-took Zoe and Dingle for a walk to help dry them
-cleaned Clara's playroom
-watched a movie
-folded and hung 2 loads of laundry and started the dog towels washing
-showered and dried my hair
-fell into bed exhausted

I have no idea what came over me. I hope I'm not possessed or something.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

KELSEY! I think I need a nap after just reading your list - Yipes! I wish I had that kind of energy.

I'm happy to hear that Clara won't have to have a traumatic procedure done at her young age.