Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Continuing Saga

Just an update for those of you on pins and needles here wondering how the big girl is doing. Today's nap consisted of two little swats and no crying, followed by a two hour nap. At bedtime, there was no crying, no swats and no exiting the room! Success. I think she's also gone the last two nights without coming into our room in the middle of the night. Maybe she's figured out to stay away from that edge. Now to see if she can keep it up.

I may start the dreaded potty training again after she's got the bed transition down pat. She's started putting her baby dolls on her potty when we're going to the bathroom and this evening she was wearing a swim diaper and told Chris "poo poo", pulled the diaper down to her ankles and headed for the bathroom. Chris put her on, but she didn't do anything. I gotta assume that those are both readiness signals, but I thought she was ready several months ago and she proved me wrong there. What do you guys think? Am I in a diaper-free fantasy land and just imagining that these little things mean big things? Several of my readers potty trained their 18 month old daughters successfully, so I know it's possible if they're ready.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, here is my input not sure if it will help you or confuse you more. I potty trained Rylan as soon as he was 2. He was poo-pooing on the potty before that. It took about a week and it was very easy.

Kyndal on the other hand has been a totally different story. At about 20 months she was showing all the signs of being "ready" and although I had planned to wait, I decided to give it a shot. She did really great for about 2 weeks. Then she had no interest and it became a battle. I decided to give up and try again later. I started again in April. She started slowly but eventually got it and was doing great again. Then about 6 weeks ago she decided she didn't want to go on the potty and I was basically cleaning up the tee tee off the floor. So, I put her in diapers and it was okay with her. We started back up after we used a pack of diapers up. She is now doing better but it is still a little bit of a struggle between us. It seems like I have been potty training her forever. I wished I had waited until she was older at least two.

Just my story. I wish you luck.

Mommy said...

The best advice I could give is don't let her hold it when she's got a cough!