Thursday, August 23, 2007

Look What We Did Today

I'm gonna be in trouble for this one, but I thought I'd surprise everyone and not divulge that we had a hair appointment scheduled for this morning. I would like everyone to know that I did take your opinions into consideration concerning the demolition of the mullet and I had planned on leaving her hair long provided that I could always put it into pigtails. Problem is, Clara has decided recently that she's not a pigtails kinda girl and yanks them out before we get to our destination EVERY SINGLE TIME, so I got it chopped off today. I think it looks really cute.

We went to my hairstylist up in Conroe, Shanna. I've been going to her since '99, so I thought it'd be neat to pass on the torch to the little one. I half expected Clara to freak out since the big chair and cape looks a lot like the big dentist chair and x-ray apron, but she did fine. I went first so I think she saw that it was no big deal. It was fun trying to get her to look down for any length of time, but I grabbed a book to read to her and she did great.

The best part though was the fact that Shanna didn't charge us for her first haircut! Isn't that sweet? Yay for free stuff! Here are the pics.

Before-slightly unruly

Hanging out in the little courtyard

The first snip

The big girl, Mommy and Shanna

After-much better

6 comments:

Amy said...

AWESOME! Congratulations on the first haircut. It is always hard to give in to the first snip. Clara looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It's darling. And it looks like it was a really fun "mommy and me" time. I'll have to hunt up some of Chris' before and after pix. Or maybe I already passed them on to you?

Tanya said...

AHH! Her first hair cut :) I wish ya'll were coming down for Christmas. I am going to take Wyatt to get pics and a haircut as soon as I get Bryce into school.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Clara and Sebastian now have the same length hair, darn people and their one year hair cutting rule. Sebastian was born needing a hair cut but noooooo. I think I will do like you and not tell anyone.

Kelsey said...

Linda- I think I do have Chris' pictures somewhere. The after pic is one of my favorite baby pictures of him. So grown up. If I knew where the cord to our scanner was, I'd post it.

Tanya- Can't wait to see the pics. I think it's probably time; he's got that funky top chunk of hair that could use a trim. Didn't Bryce have the same 'do?

Sarah- Chop it off. If it's bugging you now, it'll be out of control before too long. Oh, unless Derek's the one that wants to wait. In that case, just ignore me :)

Anonymous said...

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Derek wants to wait but my sister keeps calling me Heidi (as in Klum- has kids with Seal and keeps her kids hair a hot mess). On the one hand I don't want to because I think his afro is so cute even though it is out of control but on the other hand it really is a mess. I need a blog to take a vote, oh wait, everyone has already told me whether I wanted to know or not.