Clara was doing soooo well sleeping in her big girl bed.
Until last night.
She was up at 12:30 (hand in mouth, so she got some tylenol), 2:30 (fell out of bed), and 3:30 (just ready to start the day, I think). Nothing was going to make that girl go to sleep. Nothing.
I went in first, then Chris. He got her calmed down to the point that she was almost asleep. He was sitting on the floor next to her bed. Well, she didn't realize he was still in there and when she hopped out of bed and stepped on him, she probably wet herself she was so surprised. Back to square one. So then I took a turn. She was lying there, I was sitting next to her, my head on her pillow, stroking her hair and singing. She rolled onto her side with her back to me and after a couple of minutes I thought, "ah ha, success". As I was about to creep out, she rolls over, touches my nose and says "Nose!" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I put her back in, and in a no nonsense tone tell her to go back to bed. I walked out, climbed into bed and a few minutes later, here she comes, arms in the air, fingers wiggling, saying "Up, Up, Up". I tell her "no, this is Mommy and Daddy's bed, your bed is in the other room". She stands there for a few minutes and then walks out. After several minutes of silence, I go to make sure she's not getting into anything. The little booger actually listened to me and was in bed. That was around 5:00. She was up at 8:00, bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Naptime was fun today also. It only took about 2 hours to get her down. I waited outside her door to tell her to get back in bed. It was really hard not to crack a smile when the door would slowly crack open just enough for her to see if I was still there. She would then close it back and wait another minute before doing it again. It would've been cute if I wasn't so darn frustrated with her.
I went to check on her a minute ago because I hadn't heard anything out of her and this is what I saw. I believe this is the very first time she's ever fallen asleep on the floor.
I really see how parents just give in on a lot of things. It's hard work being diligent with this kind of stuff. Chris and I both were nanoseconds away from turning on cartoons for her last night, but I'm so glad we persevered. And I just about let her get away without napping today, but what is that going to teach her? I know she's not ready to give up a nap yet. I just hope this doesn't last too long. I may be pulling the crib rail back out if it doesn't get better soon. I just about did at 4:00 this morning.
Hope everyone else got a good night's sleep.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Maybe Not?
Posted by Kelsey at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, maybe not!
I'll be waiting to hear how Saturday night went.
No comment really, because Wyatt still sleeps with us. I know it will be hard for us, for sure, when I finally try to get Wyatt into his own bed.
Exactly why there is no big girl bed for Alanna yet : )
Sleep...what's that?
Tanya- Good luck with that. I'm sure you guys will sleep better when you get the little wiggle worm out of bed. I know I did, and Clara was only 6 weeks old when I moved her to her crib. You can do it!
Claudia- Your days are numbered :) It's probably a little easier when your child is older and understands the words coming out of your mouth. Clara's pretty clueless still.
Sarah- I'm sure once he starts sleeping well for you, you'll get a few months of good sleep before you have to worry about the big boy bed. It really is nice when they start sleeping through the night. Really nice. Shouldn't be too much longer for you.
Post a Comment