Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Recital

Clara's class danced to "Up on the Housetop" in their dance recital tonight. She took her teachers' instructions to heart and sang very loudly. Being a veteran at this recital thing, she's become quite a ham on stage. I told her not to worry so much about staying right on her spot because she tends to just watch her feet the whole time and is very intent on making sure she's in the right place. Well, she took my instructions to heart as well and ended up front and center about 5 feet in front of the rest of her class. Singing about twice as loud. Not shy at all.

Robert wore one of several holiday outfits that were graciously donated to him by his cousin Brody. He did pretty well and only started crying near the end. After the recital, we stopped off at DQ so Chris could get a little dinner (and try the peppermint blizzard). He needed to do a little comparison between it and the Sonic holiday mint blast. The blast was determined the winner, although it might not have been a fair comparison since he had to ask them to leave the chocolate out of the blizzard. I didn't try the blizzard, but I do give the blast two thumbs up. It's quite tasty.



2 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Bravo, bravo, Clara! I hope we'll get to see a video (hint hint).

Tanya said...

Me too, can't wait to see the video.