Saturday, October 11, 2008

Exotic Pumpkin Patch

We went to the pumpkin patch this morning and had a wonderful time. I found a different place this year and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was great! They only charged $3 per kid and parents got in free. It's at an exotic animal farm, so there was a baby kangaroo hopping around, kids running right behind it. There were llamas you could walk right up to as well as ponies. The llamas were a little skittish because of all the people though, so we weren't able to get close enough to pet them. I saw a group of kids chasing a group of goats through a field, too.

There was also a pen with a baby pig and a kind of baby deer. The rest of their exotic animals were not available to look at during October, but they have sloths, a tiger, lemurs, a hyena and lots of other various animals.

The owners and workers were all so nice and friendly and one guy kind of walked us around a bit telling us all about the place. They did face painting for $3, pumpkin painting was $1, and all of the pumpkins had prices written on them, so you didn't have to guess how much it might be. Kids got to take home a free mini pumkin as well.

Clara wasn't at all interested in the pumpkins though, which makes for poor pumpkin patch photos. She threw a fit everytime I asked her to go stand by the big pumpkins. I was able to convince her to play leap frog over the pumpkins and she liked the little ones, so she ended up just picking out a small one to take home.












2 comments:

Pat and Laura Potter said...

Hey! Looks like ya'll had a great time! So, funny, we went to a pumpkin patch today too! Clara is so sweet! What a cute kangaroo too! Thanks for tips in the pictures. I was doing it correctly the first time, but something was wrong with our connection. Pat made some adjustments and it's working now! Talk to ya later-

Claudia Crawford said...

Hey Kels! Long time no see! It's been a while since I read your blog, but I like to browse when I don't have much to do at work : )
Clara's getting bigger and prettier each day, I bet she's as big as Alanna! We need to get together sometime soon.
Where did you find this pumpkin patch? Alanna's all about animals and that would be a great one to take her to.