Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Let's All Go To The Movies

Clara went to see her first movie today. Technically, it's her 2nd, but I don't think that Cars back in July counts since she couldn't really enjoy the whole movie experience. We met up with Lisa and Clara almost made it through the whole thing. We were sooooo close. The theater has a summer movie pass that gives you 10 movies, one a week, for $5.00. And, Clara is young enough that I didn't have to buy one for her. Today was Everyone's Hero and they'll be playing Flicka, Flushed Away, Ice Age 2, Over the Hedge and others. Not bad for $.50 each. I figured this would be a good way to teach her how to sit through one. We've wanted to take her with us before, but really didn't want to waste the money if she wouldn't sit still.

The secret, unfortunately, was popcorn. I know it's a choking hazard and all, but I really didn't want her filling up on goldfish or something. At least popcorn is light. She was content watching the screen, shoveling popcorn into her mouth through the whole movie. She didn't get fussy until her popcorn was gone. I took her frog "Alfonso" and her blanket to see if maybe, perhaps, just this once, she'd go to sleep somewhere other than her bed. Nope. She goes right to sleep at naptime and bedtime, but will NOT tolerate you trying to get her to sit still any other time, unless you're feeding her; she'll sit still for food.

Tomorrow is story time at the library again. We'll see if she does as well this time. I enrolled her in the summer reading program (yes, she's that smart). Actually, it counts to be read to. We just keep track of what we read and after a certain number of books, she gets a certificate from the State of Texas and gets to choose a book for herself to take home. I love free stuff! Oh that reminds me, tomorrow at Sonic they're having free root beer float night from 8pm to midnight. I don't think there's any small print even. Imagine that. I'm there!

I think I'm gonna try potty training again. I bought some disposable ones for sleeping and leaving the house since I'm not too keen on cleaning up messes in the beginning. I think I'll wait a few more days still though. I believe the quesadillas and the cup of ice cream on Sunday did a number on her. She's lactose intolerant, so she drinks soymilk, but she can handle some dairy. I usually just give her one serving of dairy a day so as not to disturb the beast that resides in her lower g.i. Whoooo, you do NOT want to be within 50 feet of a diaper change when she's had too much dairy.

She hasn't had a problem since December when we first figured out the problem and took measures to fix it. I was beginning to wonder if it was really as bad as I remembered it. I mean, poop is poop, right? Oh, no; all poop is not created equal. I've been gagging these past couple of days. The problem is, once everything is out of whack in there, it really takes a while to get things calmed down. I have to completely cut out the dairy and give her probiotics to help her heal. Poor girl, I know she doesn't feel good. She tricks me into thinking I've got another diaper change to endure a dozen times a day with her gassiness.

So what was the point of that poop rant? Oh yeah, not quite ready for the potty training thing.

0 comments: