We had a nice, rainy Memorial Day weekend here. Chris' parents got here Friday afternoon and we rarely left the house all weekend because of the weather. Grandma and Granddad had a good time playing with Clara though, so that's all that matters.
We even managed to get a little free babysitting out of 'em. They graciously allowed Chris and I to go see Pirates of the Caribbean Sunday afternoon with Glenn and Becky. That was fun. We hadn't been to a movie together since Cars back in July. I was very irritated with the amount of advertising they do now before the movie starts. Like I really want to see a half hour of back to back commercials. We got home later than expected and Clara had been fed and put to bed by the time we got home. Sweet! This whole babysitting thing is a novel idea.
We got out on Monday and went to the mall to ride the carousel and walk around a bit. We grabbed some lunch and were back home for a nap. Then we went to Micah and Lisa's for some hamburgers on the grill. We couldn't not grill something on Memorial Day just because the weather wouldn't cooperate. It'd be unamerican. Is that supposed to be capitalized? Hmmm.
We said our goodbyes Monday night because Dan and Linda were leaving early the next morning. Clara decided she wanted to see them off after all, so she awoke at 6:30. She had been a sweetheart all weekend for Grandma and Granddad, but as soon as they walked out and Daddy left for work, she turned into the little whiney, clingy creature that I'm usually the only one that sees. And then, right after she ate breakfast, she threw it all up. It was a lovely morning.
Thursday we went to storytime at the library. She was the youngest one there and she sat the whole time and watched the librarian read the stories. She participated in the hand and body movements during the singing and the few times she did stand up, I just whispered to sit down and she did immediately. I was very impressed with her behavior. I didn't get any pics of her at story time, but here she is right before we left the house. She loves getting in the dog crates. We need to keep her out, but I hate to keep them closed because the dogs like to get in them during the day. What they don't like is when Clara gets in with them.
Friday we had Leah over for a playdate. She and Leah played in the inflatable pool and the sand and water table. They had watermelon and played with sidewalk chalk. I, of course, took no pictures of all the fun. I did get a picture of her face after eating lunch. I looked over and she was rubbing her eyes; her face was all red and she had hives. I have no idea what caused it because she was eating stuff she eats all the time. She did have a few potato chips which she normally doesn't get, but I wouldn't think they'd do that.
And last but not least, here are a series of sidewalk chalk pics I took yesterday evening.
1 comments:
You take really good pictures! I need your email address!!
Post a Comment