Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

We invited Jason down for our Halloween festivities this year. He got here yesterday afternoon, just in time to help carve our jack-o-lanterns. I had Clara draw a jack-o-lantern face for one of the pumpkins, but once she finished drawing it, she decided she didn't like it, so she chose a skeleton face (of all things) for her pumpkin. I happened to like her jack-o-lantern drawing very much though, so I set about carving it myself while she and JDog worked on the skeleton.


She wouldn't stick her hand in at first but we eventually talked her into it and she set about scraping the insides out.


Robert sat in for a few minutes but he wasn't much help. He kept sticking the seeds back in the pumpkin and didn't care much for the goopy mess.


Clara is into making scary vampire faces this year. Robert's working on his.



Haha! Love this one. If you haven't noticed, JDog is a really good sport. Here they are with the finished product.



And Clara and I with her first ever jack-o-lantern design.

0 comments: