I'm trying to remember to take pictures when we're out so I have something to blog about. I'm not sure why, but I have a hard time writing post after post with no pictures to attach. We went to a park yesterday that we've been to several times before that's way off the beaten path. It's always vacant and there's a huge parking lot so I brought Clara's bike so she could practice. She's been hesitant to ride for quite some time and with the intense heat this summer, we didn't really push her. She didn't want to ride yesterday but being the terrible mother I am, I made her try. Usually she warms up to it after a minute or two. Nope. Wanted nothing to do with it. Just riding slowly and in a straight line she was almost in tears. I guess having a child who can't ride a bike isn't the end of the world. Any suggestions?
And there's trails and a couple of small lakes. There's a short trail to the creek with a beach area too but we haven't gone down to it yet. I want to take Chris with us and spend some time there.
1 comments:
Clara must have some of Uncle Tim's bike-riding genes in her. He got his first bike for his 5th birthday, and it took him a full year to start riding it. He kept going back to his tricycle, but would pull the bike out occasionally. He didn't want us to help him; he preferred to learn on his own. He would just "ride" beside the sidewalk, with one foot on the curb, pushing himself. But the good news is that he finally DID learn, and never got skinned-up knees like his bro.
Post a Comment