Saturday, October 01, 2011

More and More

Robert has continued to add several words a day to his vocabulary. Yesterday I went to the mall and when I got him out of the car and he saw the stroller, he said "walk" for the first time. Then tonight he started doing the wheels on the bus hand movements and said, "wheels bus". He's also started saying car (instead of just making the noise), more, ball, book and backpack (pack pack) when talking about his backpack or my purse.


He won't usually try to form words correctly when you ask him to though. For instance, if you ask him to say watermelon, he says "da da da da"; table is "da da". He always uses the sound "da" and just gets the number of syllables right.

Oh, and I forgot to mention his newest thing. I have to try really hard to keep a straight face when he starts doing it. He's started telling people off. When someone takes his toy, sits in his spot or commits some other terrible injustice, he gets an angry look on his face, points at the perpetrator and starts punching in their general direction while angrily spouting gibberish like "DA BAJOE, PAKOE BAAAAA!!" You don't want to see him when he's angry.

5 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Kelsey, here's a little love note from Grandma to Robert:

Da Da-da,

Da-da da da-da da da da-da da. Da da da da da da-da da da-da da.

Da,
Da-da

:-)

Kelsey said...

I'll pass along your message and let you know what he says.

Anonymous said...

The boy's a Klingon.

Kelsey said...

Hmmmm. Must be a different dialect, Linda. I read it word for word and he just kinda stared at me. Or perhaps it is Klingon.

Linda Judd said...

Thanks for trying, Kelsey. I think I need to come and deliver it in person . . . soon!