Baby is about 6 pounds and over 18.5 inches long. It's starting to shed now.
I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, I do good as long as I get a nap in. I haven't felt up to cooking at all though. By the end of the day I'm just pooped and can't stand in the kitchen long enough to cook a meal. That and nothing sounds good right now. We've been eating out a lot.
My sweet tooth has hit me full force. It happened before I had Clara too. I cannot get enough sweets. Thankfully my heart has been cooperating, so I haven't noticed an increase in skipped beats since I've started downing the sugar. I'm thankful also that we've entered candy season.
The baby is still quite active and as I mentioned in the post about my appointment, it's really low down. Pretty much every time I stand I have to pee. It's also started to get up in my ribs more. I can't imagine how uncomfortable this must be for shorter women. I'm tall and have a long torso and this baby is out of room. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it without a stretch mark this time. My skin seems to be stretched to the max already, so I'm preparing myself for waking up some morning with stretch marks. There will be much sadness on that day.
I'm sleeping well most nights until around 4:00 when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I'm usually up for 1-3 hours before I'm able to fall asleep again. When I wake at other times I have no problem getting back to sleep. One great thing about this pregnacy has been the complete lack of charlie horses in my legs at night. I had a lot of them when I was pregnant with Clara and had to wake Chris several times to help me. The calcium/magnesium I'm taking has the added benefit of preventing the charlie horses, which has been a most welcome bonus.
As for preparations, I've almost finished packing my bag and Clara's. We've been working on the chair rail in the nursery and have hit a few snags. Hopefully it will be completed this week. I've washed and put away all of Clara's newborn clothes. When I pulled them out of the attic, about half of them had spit up stains. And not just small ones either. I don't know if the heat up in the attic made them worse or what, but I couldn't believe I would've kept them. They looked terrible. I put stain remover on them and soaked them in oxi clean and washed them twice and was able to salvage the majority of them, so that's good.
I'm totally unprepared in the clothing/blanket/burp cloth department if it's a boy, but that's ok. That just means I'll have a mandatory shopping spree!
I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, I do good as long as I get a nap in. I haven't felt up to cooking at all though. By the end of the day I'm just pooped and can't stand in the kitchen long enough to cook a meal. That and nothing sounds good right now. We've been eating out a lot.
My sweet tooth has hit me full force. It happened before I had Clara too. I cannot get enough sweets. Thankfully my heart has been cooperating, so I haven't noticed an increase in skipped beats since I've started downing the sugar. I'm thankful also that we've entered candy season.
The baby is still quite active and as I mentioned in the post about my appointment, it's really low down. Pretty much every time I stand I have to pee. It's also started to get up in my ribs more. I can't imagine how uncomfortable this must be for shorter women. I'm tall and have a long torso and this baby is out of room. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it without a stretch mark this time. My skin seems to be stretched to the max already, so I'm preparing myself for waking up some morning with stretch marks. There will be much sadness on that day.
I'm sleeping well most nights until around 4:00 when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I'm usually up for 1-3 hours before I'm able to fall asleep again. When I wake at other times I have no problem getting back to sleep. One great thing about this pregnacy has been the complete lack of charlie horses in my legs at night. I had a lot of them when I was pregnant with Clara and had to wake Chris several times to help me. The calcium/magnesium I'm taking has the added benefit of preventing the charlie horses, which has been a most welcome bonus.
As for preparations, I've almost finished packing my bag and Clara's. We've been working on the chair rail in the nursery and have hit a few snags. Hopefully it will be completed this week. I've washed and put away all of Clara's newborn clothes. When I pulled them out of the attic, about half of them had spit up stains. And not just small ones either. I don't know if the heat up in the attic made them worse or what, but I couldn't believe I would've kept them. They looked terrible. I put stain remover on them and soaked them in oxi clean and washed them twice and was able to salvage the majority of them, so that's good.
I'm totally unprepared in the clothing/blanket/burp cloth department if it's a boy, but that's ok. That just means I'll have a mandatory shopping spree!

2 comments:
Ahhhh. Those stretchy-waist pants look more comfy than your jeans! I'm so amazed that you were able to wear your jeans this entire time, though. Totally AMAZING! I never could have done that. But then . . . I was one of those short women, who carried 9-pounders. Ha!
That is why I am waiting to see what it is so that I can get get some gender specific stuff for him/her! Buying yellow and green is not fun!
Post a Comment