I'm 126 pounds and the baby is 4 3/4 pounds and almost 18 inches long. It's skin is smoothing out, lungs are maturing and now it's just fattening up for the big event!
This baby is keeping me on my toes for sure. So I had the yucky feeling last week. This week I've had all new fun. Sunday night I started feeling short of breath. By Monday night I think I was on the verge of a panic attack from not getting a single good deep breath in all that time. Even when I tried to take one, my lungs couldn't quite fill up all the way and it was a very frustrating feeling. I finally just had to go to sleep so I would stop thinking about it.
I woke up Tuesday and although I was still breathing shallow, I was more calm about it and was able to ignore it for the most part. I was able to get an occasional deep breath too, so it was definitely better than the day before. By then my diaphragm was sore from trying to breath deeply.
That night around 6:00 my heart started racing again. Shallow breathing is bad and a racing heart is bad, but put them together and I felt like someone was suffocating me. My heart didn't slow down until I went to bed at 10:00, but when I woke during the night, it had slowed to normal.
Wednesday I was normal all around thank goodness! I was more tired, but that didn't surprise me. It was a good thing I felt better, because we had a pretty busy day planned. I had maternity photos taken that morning and Chris took off work so we could do some with the three of us. I'm so excited to see how they turned out.
Then we ran up to Chris' work for a few minutes, got some lunch and went to Sears to look at televisions. Ours finally pooped out on us last week. After that, Chris accompanied Clara and I to her first allergist appointment and he got to witness first hand how bad she's been behaving in public lately.
We went back to Sears to pick up a tv and then home for pizza with Glenn and Becky. Glenn was called on again to come assist Chris in getting the tv inside and set up. It was like Christmas morning for Chris.
Soooo, after a full day on Wednesday, I think I overdid it yet again. I had a bit of a stomach ache and headache and was pretty tired yesterday, so I took it easy. Doing great today though! Now it's just the rain that's raining on my parade. With all the excitement this week, our fridge and pantry are slowly becoming bare. I had planned on going to the grocery store today, but I'm not too keen on grocery shopping during a downpour.
Oh, and one more thing for this week. I had two baby dreams in one night. For the first time, I dreamt about the actual birth. It was calm, exciting, quick and perfect and I had a boy again. Only problem was I gave birth to Max as a puppy. But my birth was fast, and that's what counts! The other one was pretty boring in comparison, except that Danielle had a baby that same day.
I think the reason I finally dreamed about the birth stems from a conversation I had at lunch after ladies bible class that day. I just happened to sit at the "natural birth" end of the table. There were four ladies who all have had a natural birth (and me, who hasn't had one, but will soon), and the conversation centered around everyone's experiences. They are all excited for me and said I'll love it. It's amazing what a little positive reinforcement and encouragement will do to ease a person's mind. Not that I've felt particularly scared or anxious about it. Our culture just doesn't do a whole lot to embrace or encourage natural birth and since it isn't the most popular choice, you don't tend to hear all the wonderful birth experiences there are out there. So thanks ladies! I have all of you to thank for helping me envision the perfect birth of my sweet little Max.
This baby is keeping me on my toes for sure. So I had the yucky feeling last week. This week I've had all new fun. Sunday night I started feeling short of breath. By Monday night I think I was on the verge of a panic attack from not getting a single good deep breath in all that time. Even when I tried to take one, my lungs couldn't quite fill up all the way and it was a very frustrating feeling. I finally just had to go to sleep so I would stop thinking about it.
I woke up Tuesday and although I was still breathing shallow, I was more calm about it and was able to ignore it for the most part. I was able to get an occasional deep breath too, so it was definitely better than the day before. By then my diaphragm was sore from trying to breath deeply.
That night around 6:00 my heart started racing again. Shallow breathing is bad and a racing heart is bad, but put them together and I felt like someone was suffocating me. My heart didn't slow down until I went to bed at 10:00, but when I woke during the night, it had slowed to normal.
Wednesday I was normal all around thank goodness! I was more tired, but that didn't surprise me. It was a good thing I felt better, because we had a pretty busy day planned. I had maternity photos taken that morning and Chris took off work so we could do some with the three of us. I'm so excited to see how they turned out.
Then we ran up to Chris' work for a few minutes, got some lunch and went to Sears to look at televisions. Ours finally pooped out on us last week. After that, Chris accompanied Clara and I to her first allergist appointment and he got to witness first hand how bad she's been behaving in public lately.
We went back to Sears to pick up a tv and then home for pizza with Glenn and Becky. Glenn was called on again to come assist Chris in getting the tv inside and set up. It was like Christmas morning for Chris.
Soooo, after a full day on Wednesday, I think I overdid it yet again. I had a bit of a stomach ache and headache and was pretty tired yesterday, so I took it easy. Doing great today though! Now it's just the rain that's raining on my parade. With all the excitement this week, our fridge and pantry are slowly becoming bare. I had planned on going to the grocery store today, but I'm not too keen on grocery shopping during a downpour.
Oh, and one more thing for this week. I had two baby dreams in one night. For the first time, I dreamt about the actual birth. It was calm, exciting, quick and perfect and I had a boy again. Only problem was I gave birth to Max as a puppy. But my birth was fast, and that's what counts! The other one was pretty boring in comparison, except that Danielle had a baby that same day.
I think the reason I finally dreamed about the birth stems from a conversation I had at lunch after ladies bible class that day. I just happened to sit at the "natural birth" end of the table. There were four ladies who all have had a natural birth (and me, who hasn't had one, but will soon), and the conversation centered around everyone's experiences. They are all excited for me and said I'll love it. It's amazing what a little positive reinforcement and encouragement will do to ease a person's mind. Not that I've felt particularly scared or anxious about it. Our culture just doesn't do a whole lot to embrace or encourage natural birth and since it isn't the most popular choice, you don't tend to hear all the wonderful birth experiences there are out there. So thanks ladies! I have all of you to thank for helping me envision the perfect birth of my sweet little Max.

0 comments:
Post a Comment