Yesterday was my appointment and all is well. I am 128 pounds and measuring 34 weeks, so a little on the small side this time.
My exam was a little humorous. She had a hard time locating my cervix. I promised it was there last time I checked. It was very uncomfortable as she went about her search. It seems baby's head is really low down and she was having to reach over and behind the head to try to find the cervix. She really couldn't even tell if I was dilated yet. She said I might be a centimeter, but that I won't be going into labor in the next week since the cervix is still that far back. That was good to hear. I was afraid I might have already started dilating and I have to be 37 weeks to deliver at the center.
Chris and I were supposed to attend a "survivor course" one night last week. It's for those not having their first, just to refresh our minds and also to be informed on how things will go at the birth center. The class got cancelled, so the midwife just went over everything at my appointment yesterday. So now I feel fairly confident in how things work. I can't believe this baby could possibly be here in just a couple of short weeks!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Prenatal Appointment- 36 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OMG How exciting!!!!! Oh and by the way, Can't believe you lasted this whole time without knowing what the sex is. That is some serious patience.
Post a Comment