Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

I had so many grand things I wanted to do before baby gets here, but the weather just refuses to cooperate. We wanted to do one, maybe two more trips to the beach house and I really wanted to get a camping trip in.

Actually, the beach house is a bust now because Chris' co-worker whose parents owned it, just divorced and it belonged to his step-dad. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway because of Dingle's current state. I can't see having someone watch her when she's having so many accidents and is on daily medication. The incontinence pill is working great now; she hasn't had an accident since Wednesday night.

It's rained the last few weekends, so no camping for us. I really wanted to take Dingle on one more camping adventure since the dogs enjoy themselves so much. Since we couldn't go camping this weekend, I had hoped to go to the pumpkin patch if the weather cleared enough. We were all set to go right after church because it looked like the rain might stay away until later in the afternoon, but nope. It rained all during church. Hopefully next weekend we'll be able to go.

I also wanted to go to all of the free concerts at the pavilion, but so far it's rained on all three this past month or so. Friday was Swan Lake and I think Clara would've enjoyed it. I really hope it clears up for all of the fun outdoor Halloween stuff coming up.

Alright, I'll stop complaining now. I do love that I've not had to water for weeks and the cool rain is soooo much better than the sweltering heat, that's for sure. And all of the rain has forced me to stay inside and clean. I've done a fairly thorough cleaning of the kitchen and our bedroom and I've only got one short wall left to paint in the nursery. Slowly but surely I'm getting everything ready for this little one.

I'll leave you with what I believe is Clara's first non-airplane or boat lego creation. Can you guess what it is?

1 comments:

Linda Judd said...

I see a tell-tale sign that could mean it's a cow. Or maybe there's a hump on the back, making it a camel. But the fondness Clara has for her doggies makes me wonder if it isn't a dog. Hmmmm.