We hosted a gingerbread house building party this evening and it was a rousing success. Some of us realllly got into it. We decided to invite friends from different circles, so none of the invites knew each other. We had Glenn and Becky, Brynn (Chris' co-worker) and her husband Robert, and Jim (Chris' old co-worker) and his wife Sherry over. The latter two couples had never done a gingerbread house, but you'd never know it by looking at their creations.
Chris made eggnog. I made hot apple cider and apple dumplings and they turned out ok. It was the first time I had made them, so I didn't know what to expect. There was some smoke coming from the oven when the drizzle started dripping, so I wasn't expecting that. Leah came to me and asked if we were having smore's.
Brynn got a little excited about the decorating. She had icing in her hair. I thought we were going to have to pry the icing bag out of her hand, but eventually she ran out.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Gingerbread 'Burbs
Posted by Kelsey at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like a fun night. What a great idea to bring together friends from different circles! The group picture is really nice.
Post a Comment