Monday, December 03, 2007

Wake Up Call

I was having a bit of a hard time pulling myself out of bed this morning. Clara's been waking up between 6:30 and 6:45 for the past week or so and that's just a bit too early in my opinion. Anyway, she was just up playing and Chris was getting ready for work while I laid in bed. Our internet was on the fritz, so Chris climbed up into the attic to check on watever it is that's up in the attic that's internet related I suppose.


To fully extend the attic stairs, it's easiest to open the door to the guest bedroom, which he did.* While he was up there, I hear an excited toddler exclaim "Bicycle!". Oh no, tell me I didn't just hear what I think I did. I go running into the guest bedroom and there she is sitting on her totally awesome, brand new pink tricycle that she's not supposed to see until her birthday. Thank goodness her play kitchen that Santa asked us to hide for him was still covered up with a sheet or there's no way she'd have left that room without a fight.


Oh well, at least I know it's going to be a hit. I just pulled her off of it and shut the door and she didn't even retaliate so I got lucky.


And there's one more thing that's been on my mind for several days now that I've been meaning to post about. I have three words for you. Candy. Cane. Kisses. They're soooooo good. You have to go buy a bag (or two like we did). I got my first taste of the sweet confection in a goody bag that the sweet Erin gave us at the Christmas party. Chris was able to have his first ever Hershey Kiss! He had never opened a kiss before. What a milestone! He's a fan and the reason we had to pick up two bags last night. So thank you Erin. Thank you.



*I should mention that it was my fault that she saw it. After Chris put it together on Saturday and covered it up with a sheet, I had to go in and check out the finished product. I saw no need to keep it covered since we keep that door shut all the time and it wouldn't be there too long. Silly me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny, Kelsey. At least the birthday isn't too far away. I'm surprised it was that easy to whisk her away, without any tears!

Erin said...

You're welcome! Now I gotta go buy another bag, cause I actually haven't tasted them yet. Also.....so, what you're saying is...I gave Chris his first "kiss" ....hehehe...jj...But seriously, how'd he go this long w/o a Hershey Kiss?

Tanya said...

While I was at Wal-Mart this afternoon, I picked up a bag of candy cane kisses, I shouldn't have. I can't stop eating them, I can't control myself. They are very delicious.

Kelsey said...

Erin- Yes, you gave him his first kiss. So sorry.
Chocolate allergy = no Hershey Kisses. (except for candy cane ones of course)

Tanya- See, they're awesome. We have no control either. Both bags are gone :( I want more candy cane kisses.

Erin said...

Oh yeah, I forget that some people who are allergic to chocolate actually don't eat it, unlike my husband. Today I remembered I had one of those goodie bags left over, so I busted it open to get at the candy cane kiss....and....yum! B only got one, when he came back for another one they were already gone. I told him there were still some lovely chocolate kisses left. He wasn't amused....give a guy a chocolate allergy, he looses all sense of humor. hehe