I can't believe it's already come and gone. We had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. Clara got lots of toys and played hard all day long. She got a kitchen from Santa; she also got a doll stroller, dollhouse and too many other toys to count. Her kitchen is way cool. It's a kitchen on one side and a grill on the other.
Her gift from Chris and I was a set of wooden alphabet blocks. They're beautiful and have vintage inspired illustrations on them. I also made two baby blankets for her dolls. I was tired of her swiping my dishtowels, but of course, it hasn't deterred her from the dishtowels. Here are just a few pics from the day.
I attempted to make a loaf of cinammon bread in the bread machine for Christmas morning. I repeat, attempted. It looked wonderful until about halfway through the baking process when it fell. How I messed up bread machine bread, I'll never know. Oh well, we ate it anyway.
Christmas dinner wasn't without it's mishaps either. My bread machine bread for dinner fell also, but it was edible. Hello bread machine, what is your problem? The sweet potatos didn't finish in time so we had to throw them in the microwave. I guess that was it, everything else turned out ok. It wasn't a fancy feast by any means, but it was a nice meal for the six of us. We had ham, pasta salad (Chris' required dish), green bean casserole (Kelsey's required dish) and pumpkin pie. I was afraid to ask the others for what dish they required, lest I possibly have 3 more dishes to prepare. And what if they were yucky things? I just couldn't take that chance. I know, I'm bad. But hey, at least Chris and I got what we wanted, right? Oh, since Margaret sent the ham, I'll count that as her dish. So that just leaves two people :)
2 comments:
What an exciting kitchen and an adorable little cook!!
I would say from those smiles all around that Grandma and Grandpa are making some great memories and taking care of the number one priority...SPOIL THAT GIRL!!!
Ya'll keep it up (no...Sweetpea didn't pay me to say that!).
Nana in the north
What a thrill it was for me to have the Christmas experience with your little family. Thanks for having me, and for the great hospitality. I had almost forgotten how great it is to have a little one to share Christmas with. I love you all. Hugs...
Nanny
Post a Comment