Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Meanie

Clara's been exercising her right to say no lately. Very frequently I might add. Tonight after dinner, I took off her clothes because she got food all over them. Since she was a little chilly, Daddy got a blanket and snuggled up on the couch with her. I thought I'd join in the snuggle.

Wrong! She told me "No" and pushed my face away when I got close. I know when I'm not wanted, so I went to the other end of the couch. I then decided to mess with her and took a small corner of her blanket (that didn't uncover her in the slightest) and put it on my leg.

Wrong! I was scolded again and the tiny fragment of cloth was yanked off of me. Then I asked if I could have a hug.

Wrong! I was, yet again, told "NO". But she gave her Daddy one. We were laughing so hard, but I was crying on the inside. Ok, not really, but it is a sad state of affairs when you're rejected by your two year old. Time and time again.

-----

Clara's learning all of her Christmas words. She knows Santa, reindeer and christmas tree, but she's slightly confused about what a snowman is. Leah has been carrying around a snowman and calling it her baby, so now everytime Clara sees a snowman she says, "Baby!"

-----

I've been busily preparing for the big birthday extravaganza. I won't go into details about what all I'm planning, but it's going to be really cute! You'll have to stay tuned for the pictures. I am really enjoying the planning part of this birthday, although it's turning out to be a lot of work. I hope I'm able to make each of her birthdays special just simply by the thought and care I put into them. I hope I never just throw something together without thinking. It's the one day of the year I want her to know just how special she is to us. I don't have to spend a lot of money to show her that, just my time and energy.

Having said that, I need to go get busy on birthday stuff. If you haven't noticed, I've been on the ball with my posting. I'm going to aim for a post a day in December.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm very excited about your "post a day in December"! I like having good reading material.

Erin said...

Just thought I'd also mention that your husband is failing miserably at his blog. Boooo! hehehe

Michelle said...

oh no, i'm not looking forward to that 'no' business! poor momma!