Clara had her teeth cleaned last week. She was so excited to go to the dentist. I'm pretty sure the enthusiasm will be short-lived though. We did an x-ray of her extra tooth and there is for sure an extra permanent one also. When her bottom teeth start to get loose, she'll have to go in and have them removed. I wasn't quite clear on whether or not we'll do them both at the same time. He kinda made it sound that way, but I didn't want to talk specifics in front of Clara.
He also noticed something new. One of her top teeth (the one next to the molar) stopped growing at some point. When she bites down, you can see a gap. It could fall out just fine, but it's possible for it to start migrating back up into her gums, preventing the permanent tooth from coming in. The root can also sometimes start growing into the jawbone. There's a pretty good chance it will need to be pulled as well because it's a tooth you don't lose until age 11-12, so we probably don't want to wait that long to see if it's going to come out on it's own. I'm kinda hoping we can do all three at the same time 'cause I'm not so sure I'll ever get her back into a dentist chair after this.
2 comments:
Poor baby! Now Tim knows where the permanent tooth he never got ended up!
Om My Goodness....I can so relate. (Just posted a week or so ago about Lilly's dental journey on our blog)
My advice is - MAKE them to all of them at the same time!
Good luck!
Post a Comment