Like most families I'm sure, this past week was our busy holiday week. We were supposed to go with our life group to listen to Christmas music on Sunday but it was very cold and windy and I just didn't want the kids out in it after just getting over their ear infections. So we skipped out on that one. On Tuesday evening, we had Big Robert and his family over to build gingerbread houses. Daddy made Clara her very own graham cracker house to decorate all by herself, which she loved.
That way, she didn't mess up our gingerbread house :) I do a good enough job of that myself.
Then on Thursday night we had two activities scheduled for the same time, so Clara had to choose which to attend. She had her school Christmas program and her dance recital and she chose to dance. Her class danced to Jingle Bell Rock and they all did very well. She was the girl furthest from us though, so we didn't get good pictures of the actual dance. I love her dance studio. The Christmas show includes only 6 songs and is done in about 30 minutes. That is much appreciated when you're wrangling a one year old the entire time.
Friday was her Christmas party at school. Since she doesn't attend on Fridays, I had to take her up there. Her teacher decided to do their book gift exchange earlier in the morning because it's so crazy during their lunchtime party, so I took Clara up at 10:30 to do the exchange. She got a Tangled book with a read along cd. It only took about 15 minutes and then we had to leave and come back up at 12:00 for the party since she's not supposed to be up there on her non-school days. Oy. I didn't want to drive all the way home just to have to turn right back around, so we hung out at a nearby Wal-Mart for an hour.
I have a major dislike of Wal-Mart in general, but Wal-Mart the week before Christmas is just plain awful. It really brings out the worst in me. I was ready to hit someone just dealing with drivers in the parking lot. Can you really not be bothered to park two spots further down from the obviously perfect spot which you are wasting my time along with the 5 cars behind me to get? I guess I shouldn't complain since I got a really great spot only two spots down from the perfect spot.
Her class dined on Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, grapes and cheese and then had cupcakes and cookies for dessert. Clara received a stocking from her teacher which included this cute ornament with her handprint.
0 comments:
Post a Comment