Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Weekend

We had a fun weekend here. Friday night we decided to go grab a bite to eat and ended up at Saltgrass. I stuffed myself on a New York strip and it was sooo good. Clara and Daddy went to breakfast Saturday morning and my plan was to get some cleaning done while they were gone. Instead I laid in bed most of the morning.

They ended up dropping by Chris' office for a bit and then the bookstore and shoe store, so they stayed gone until about 12:30. Wish I hadn't completely wasted my morning.

That afternoon was Leah's birthday party and Clara enjoyed herself immensely, except for the horror that befell her during the pinata. I got lucky and snapped this picture just in the nick of time. Notice who's standing directly beneath the waterfall of candy?

Yep, Clara. She got pelted with it and she looked like this the whole time she was picking up candy. She was a tad distraught. I, on the other hand, was trying really hard not to laugh. Imagine that. Me laughing at my child's misfortune.

Then we went swimming and she got to perfect her jumping in skills. I can't believe how fearless she's become now. She just wanted to jump in and go under water the entire time. I'd say swim lessons have been a good thing for her.



We met Robert and family up at Market Street after the party for sandwiches and ice cream. Clara was in rare form. She was a ball of pure energy, a laughing, tickling, running ball of energy. I guess cake, ice cream, sorbet and pinata candy will do that to a girl.




After petting the horses, we went to the grassy area to let her blow off more steam. She ran for probably 20 minutes straight. I was thankful for Taylor and her friend who graciously agreed to run after her. She wore them out though, so then they taught her to do handstands and cartwheels. She loved hanging out with the big girls.

0 comments: