
Baby is around 1.5 pounds this week and 13.5 inches long. It's taste buds are forming and it's hands are fully developed, including fingerprints. I'm 115 pounds and my uterus is the size of a soccer ball!
I'm still feeling great. I have just enough energy to get a few things done here and there and my mind isn't in a fog all day which has felt great. The baby is still way down low in my pelvis. I've not felt any movement above my belly button. I'm sleeping pretty well right now and several times I've switched sides during the night and as I turn, something in my back pelvic area pops. I don't know if it's my tailbone or what, but I've never had a pop there before. Last night Clara woke from a nightmare and came in the room and as I sat up to go take her back to her room, I had pain in that same spot, like it needed to pop. I couldn't put all of my weight down and then it popped again and I was fine. It just feels really weird.
When I do wake up to something like Clara coming in to the room or the dogs barking or something like that, I have a really hard time falling back to sleep sometimes. Last night it was 2 hours before I fell back asleep. Chris was out late one night last week and the dogs were on alert the whole time. I would fall asleep and then they'd hear a noise and bark, startling me (and consequently the baby) awake. I could feel my heart rate sky rocket and the baby would just go crazy. It took about 15-20 minutes for it to calm back down enough for me to fall asleep. I'd be asleep for only a few minutes when it would start all over again. I was really glad when Chris got home.
I started having lots of contractions one evening. They started to worry me because they were coming pretty close together, although they were shorter and much less intense than normal. I had made dinner that night, ate, cleaned up and then headed outside to pull grass from the beds. After consulting the internet, I decided I probably just overdid it and hadn't drank enough, so I drank some water, moved around and they subsided some. My appointment was the next morning, so I made sure and asked about it.
Clara is getting more excited about the baby. She really hasn't been very interested in feeling it kick or watching the movement, but she's shown more interest this week. When I'm feeling lots of movement, I have her knock on the belly and wait for the baby to answer. She keeps saying the baby is laughing. She's had lots of fun trying out all the baby gear on her dolls this week as well. She's going to be a great helper.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Twenty-Five Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am due tomorrow and am feeling quite like an elephant with a two year gestational period. :( I know you are in good with the man upstairs so can you put in a good word for me to get this going already.
Happy due date Sarah! Remember, you can't be pregnant forever. Are you still working at the library? I want to see pictures of the new little one. Hang in there!
Okay, well, when Noah graduates from high school and I am still pregnant with him, then me and you will have to talk. Currently, I am still cooking this ham, and yes, I am still cooking it at the library.
Post a Comment