The baby is almost 2 pounds now and 14.5 inches long. I'm 117.5 pounds this week and a bit of a cranky-pants.
My skipping heartbeat has decreased these last few days, so I guess the change in diet is helping some. I'm still having skipped beats, but not nearly as many. I am totally cranky though. No sugar has not been easy. I love oatmeal.......but only with sugar and cinnamon. I love a tall glass of milk.....while eating a big stack of pancakes or waffles or some other "bad" carbohydrate or if it's loaded with chocolate syrup. Yogurt's pretty good.........with fruit and sugar in it. No juice, only one fruit a day, etc., etc., etc. It doesn't help that I'm craving sugar big time. Of course I didn't realize I was craving it until I couldn't have it.
I wasn't eating well at all because of the restrictions, so I've cut myself a little slack and add just a pinch of sugar here and there. I have cut out sweet tea, sodas, cake, cookies, ice cream....you know, all the good stuff. And I'm eating mostly whole grains, though I've slipped here and there in that department too. Most anything you buy pre-packaged in the store isn't going to be whole grain so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We went to Jason's Deli the other night and I got Clara her ice cream cone while I sat and watched her enjoy the yummy treat while I finished picking at my salad. She asked me why I didn't get one and I told her that I wasn't supposed to eat sugar and ice cream has lots of sugar in it.
I said, "I could probably have just one bite of yours though". She got a worried look and then a light went off and she said, "No, this ice cream has sugar." I said, "I know, but one bite is ok. Can I have a bite?" And she said "Ok, but I have to take the sugar off first." She then proceeded to lick all of the ice cream out of the cone before handing the empty cone to me saying "Ok, I got all the sugar off for you."
She's doing a great job keeping me on track.
I have no other updates for this week because all I can think about is food.
My skipping heartbeat has decreased these last few days, so I guess the change in diet is helping some. I'm still having skipped beats, but not nearly as many. I am totally cranky though. No sugar has not been easy. I love oatmeal.......but only with sugar and cinnamon. I love a tall glass of milk.....while eating a big stack of pancakes or waffles or some other "bad" carbohydrate or if it's loaded with chocolate syrup. Yogurt's pretty good.........with fruit and sugar in it. No juice, only one fruit a day, etc., etc., etc. It doesn't help that I'm craving sugar big time. Of course I didn't realize I was craving it until I couldn't have it.
I wasn't eating well at all because of the restrictions, so I've cut myself a little slack and add just a pinch of sugar here and there. I have cut out sweet tea, sodas, cake, cookies, ice cream....you know, all the good stuff. And I'm eating mostly whole grains, though I've slipped here and there in that department too. Most anything you buy pre-packaged in the store isn't going to be whole grain so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We went to Jason's Deli the other night and I got Clara her ice cream cone while I sat and watched her enjoy the yummy treat while I finished picking at my salad. She asked me why I didn't get one and I told her that I wasn't supposed to eat sugar and ice cream has lots of sugar in it.
I said, "I could probably have just one bite of yours though". She got a worried look and then a light went off and she said, "No, this ice cream has sugar." I said, "I know, but one bite is ok. Can I have a bite?" And she said "Ok, but I have to take the sugar off first." She then proceeded to lick all of the ice cream out of the cone before handing the empty cone to me saying "Ok, I got all the sugar off for you."
She's doing a great job keeping me on track.
I have no other updates for this week because all I can think about is food.
2 comments:
The ice cream cone story is absolutely wonderful! What a clever little girl!
Okay - here's a whole grain tip that I learned when I worked with a dietician a few years ago. POPCORN! Popcorn is a whole grain. I don't buy the pre-packaged microwave kind, though, as I think it has lots of BAD stuff in it, as well. I use a microwave popper (Target has them) and pop up the corn without any oil. Then I put 1 tsp. (and I measure it so I don't cheat) of melted butter over it; a little salt (if you can have it) and YUMMMM. It's the best way to get a you whole grain.
Sorry - last sentence should have read: It's the best way to get your whole grain.
I must be tired!
Post a Comment