Monday, January 28, 2008

I've Got a Pooper Over Here

Clara has pooped on the potty twice now! Woohoo! We had celebratory donuts on Saturday morning when she went and then she just went again after lunch today. She's not doing as well with peeing, but that's alright. She says "potty" and goes to sit on it right after she wets her pants, so I think she just doesn't quite recognize the "gotta go" feeling. She definitely has the "woops, that was supposed to go in the potty" feeling down pat.

The girl must have a bladder of steel. At the donut shop, she had a 10 oz. bottle of apple juice, followed by a couple ounces of water. Somehow, she was able to hold all of that until 12:00! She went four hours with that much liquid in her. How's that possible?

--------

And in non-potty related news.......

Other than the poop excitement, this weekend was fairly uneventful. We layed around all day Saturday, only venturing out to the donut shop. We went to church yesterday and I've mentioned how wound up Clara is at church and she can't sit still for more than 10 seconds or so. Chris had taken her out about 10 minutes before the end of chuch because she was being soooo bad. When I came out, she was standing in a corner, right outside the auditorium. Daddy put her in time out as everyone was exiting church! Too funny. We went to the Hobbit Cafe for Lisa's birthday yesterday and then Glenn and Becky came over last night after just getting back from their cruise. We kept CJ for them while they were gone, so we got to hear all about their vacation when they came to pick him up. Leah was very happy to see her CJ and I'm sure CJ was very happy to be going back to his corgi-less home.

-------

It's amazing what a difference a few days makes. I posted about Clara's color recognition progress just last week and now she's pretty consistently getting red and blue right. So, I'm officially declaring that Clara knows her colors.

Now we're working on shapes. She doesn't know the names of any of them. (Well, except for polka dots; she calls them "pooh pots"). She has a shape peg puzzle and can work it very easily. In fact, she works all peg puzzles without pause. She gets them oriented correctly and in the right spot the first time usually. She really is too advanced for peg puzzles, but she's not quite ready for jigsaw ones. She loves her alphabet puzzle. She can get the letters in the right spot most times and even says some of the letters' names, but we're still a long way from actually knowing the alphabet.

She's got another cold. Only a week after getting over the last one, she's sniffly again. She doesn't have a cough this time, so hopefully we'll just skip that whole part. I've had a sore throat for a few days now (especially in the morning). I hope it's just the weather and I'm not coming down with something as well.

Sorry for the randomness. If I could get on the ball and start posting more frequently, I could avoid the mish mash of topics at least somewhat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Clara, congratulations! Maybe if my pet name for you was "Sweetpee" in stead of "Sweetpea" you'd have that part down pat, too ;-)

And now I'm feeling soooooo guilty! I have a book on colors nearly finished for Clara . . . but not quite. And she already knows them all! "Bad Grandma!" I'd better start on an Algebra book, considering how long it takes me to finish one, and how fast my Sweetpea learns things!

Kelsey said...

That's ok. We still think it's fun to practice our colors and any book from Grandma is sure to be a winner!

Anonymous said...

Sweetpea is such a cute little pooper...and soooo smart. It was such fun to read about her latest accomplishments on your last couple of blogs. It is such a fun and amazing age...changes every day. We grandmas thank God every day for those little ones and for all of you parents in our families who are doing such amazing jobs at parenting.

I love Sweetpea in those little overalls. People in the NW don't put their kids in overalls very much...and I have always LOVED them.

Nana in the north