Monday, January 07, 2008

"Happy To!"

We went to our friend Alanna's birthday party at Pump it Up on Saturday and had a blast. I do not understand how a preschooler can run around in there for almost 2 hours straight and not get tired! Chris and I kept having to tag team it cause we were just worn out helping the kid get through all the obstacles and climb up the slide.


Since her birthday party, Clara's favorite song is "Happy To" or maybe it's "Happy Two", I'm not sure. She wants us to sing it to her every night before bed. We've tried teaching her the other words, but she's content with the two she knows. If she sees a party hat or a cake or anything birthday related she exclaims "Happy To!", so she enjoyed her first birthday party since coming to the realization that birthday parties are totally awesome.


They brought the cake out and set it on the table to sing Happy Birthday. Clara happened to be seated directly across from the birthday girl, so that cake was dangerously close to Clara's nimble fingers. She was being soooo patient though and didn't even reach out for a handful. Then the unthinkable happened. They took the cake away to cut it. She started crying and pointing to the place that cake should've gone in front of her. She's done that before and it's hilarious to watch. Everyone got a good laugh out of it. I had to console her a bit and reassure her that she would get a piece eventually. Alanna's grandma felt so bad that she made sure Clara got her piece first. You gotta love grandma's. And there was much rejoicing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE PUMP IT UP!!! No, not me and Ken...he has never been yet...just heard us talk about it. Lindsay and I take Kayla...sometimes once a week!! It is very close to us. And we have another one by a different name too. I love going down some of those slides. Yes, it takes both of us to keep up with her as she chases from one area to the next...but what fun. And so far they haven't carded me and kicked me off for being too old!! Of course, being short, I think they just think I am a 10 year old dwarf perhaps...or something...hhmmm.

Yeah..it's me..Nana in the north

Anonymous said...

Bravo for Alanna's Grandma! I'm glad there's someone there to watch out for Sweetpea in my absence.

I love the picture of Chris and Clara. Chris - you're lookin' good all slimmed down! That's hard work. Congrats!

Sally said...

It was great to see you guys! Hope to see you again soon.