Sorry for my absence. Clara and I just got back from San Angelo where we spent a few days with family. My dad was having heart palpitations and chest pains early Wednesday morning while on vacation near Junction. He was taken to the hospital in Junction and then airlifted to San Angelo where he had a stent put in one of his arteries that was 100% blocked. During the surgery, he went into cardiac arrest 3 times, so they waited until Thursday to put two more stents in arteries that both were 90% blocked.
My dad is only 55 and is in pretty good shape. Thankfully, his heart wasn't damaged because it is so strong. He was released Saturday morning and he and my mom should be heading home tomorrow morning. His doctor wanted him to stick around for a couple of days in case he experienced any problems.
A lot of people came to town to be with him. Cody, Uncle Howard and Aunt Jacki, Uncle Mark and Aunt Kelley all came on Wednesday and left that night. The rest of us, Tim and Linsey, Tanya and the boys, Clara and I and Aunt Sally all stayed one or more nights. My Aunt Jacki's sister and her husband were gracious enough to let us stay in their home in San Angelo. They recently moved to Abilene, so their house is on the market and still has a few furnishings and electricity and water, so we didn't have to get hotel rooms, which was really nice. We were all very thankful for their hospitality.
Thank you all for your prayers for my dad and my mom. We're just so thankful that he's still here with us. It's hard to believe we came so close to losing him. Oh, and in case you're wondering, he's still as ornery as ever.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Well Now, That Was Fun
These next two pictures are of the back side of the San Angelo Chamber of Commerce and visitor's center. Clara and I went there to get some fresh air and play on the playground across the river. I was really impressed with it. There were rocks, waterfalls and stone steps all the way down the bank to the river. It was very picturesque.
Posted by Kelsey at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am really glad that he is ok. That hospital seemed pretty good, but I was only there for 1 1/2 hours, so I don't know too much. Pics are pretty too.
Post a Comment