Tuesday, March 06, 2012

More Allergies


I got Robert into the doctor yesterday because I wanted to know if his rash was contagious. When he woke, it had spread all over his body and looked much worse, but he still didn't seem bothered by it.

Turns out it was an allergic reaction. So now we're trying to think back over the day or two prior to its onset to figure out what could have caused it. The only thing I can think of is we tried to get him to try shrimp for the first time at dinner on Friday. I can't remember if he even touched it. But even if that's all he did, it could have caused the reaction. That would round out our family's severe allergies. We don't have a shellfish allergy in the family yet. Yay!

He had a couple doses of benadryl yesterday and a a dose of steroids and he just woke up and it looks much better.


ETA: This picture is from Monday morning. His back was a little worse and he had more spots by the time I got him to the doctor a few hours later. After a couple of doses of steroids, they're mostly gone. The ones on his face are being stubborn, but even they have almost completely faded.

0 comments: