Chris and I celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss yesterday. As always, we didn't plan ahead and weren't planning on doing anything to celebrate. Yesterday morning I decided we shouldn't let another anniversary pass without doing something, anything, so I called up Crystal to see if she could watch the kids for us. She obliged so we went for a nice dinner at P.F. Changs.
The logistics of just getting kids to babysitter and us to the restaurant was ridiculous. Between five o'clock traffic, rain, and Chris' hour long commute, it was such a pain. This is why we don't go out. It's just so much easier and so less stressful to stay holed up in our cozy house. I'm glad we went though. We had a very lovely time and it's always such a pleasure to enjoy a meal without the little ones. Chris was very good to humor me and let the waiter take our picture. It did take some convincing though.
I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was cute. I couldn't get a good picture of all of the balloons. I took a balloon for each year of marriage and wrote just a couple of the highlights from that year on a piece of paper and attached it to the balloon. Turns out fourteen is a lot of years. It was hard to remember what happened some years. Chris said we're boring; myself, I'm grateful for some non-eventful years.
0 comments:
Post a Comment