Blogger likes me tonight, so we're back in business! Here's a few more pictures from December. Chris' grandmother sent the kids this neat advent calendar. It came with a cardboard Christmas tree and each day you got to put an ornament on the tree. Clara loved it.
We watched all of our Christmas movies and even a few new ones that were available on Netflix. On this particular night, we watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and had hot cocoa before we started the movie. Hot cocoa is just better when it's served in a snowman, wouldn't you agree?
I tried getting a picture of both kids in their Christmas pajamas and of course got only a picture of Clara. In this picture, you'll notice the gift in the background that stayed half-wrapped until right before Christmas. Also, Clara's antlers used to have many Christmas lights hanging off of them. That is until Robert got ahold of them and ate most of the lights off.
This is just a small sampling of what we've been up to these last couple of weeks. I'm really quite bad at creating fun things for the kids to do around holidays. I get really frustrated when I try to do things with them and they're uncooperative or Robert is getting into stuff or five minutes in they're tired of whatever it is we're doing. Not to mention that stuff requires forethought, you know, figuring out what to do and then buying the stuff and carving out a chunk of time and all. As much fun as that stuff is, I'm not the creative type and it really stresses me out, so I've decided to forego most of the creative stuff. I don't know if I'd be better at it if I didn't just get through planning two birthdays or what, but whatever the reason, I can't seem to get my act together at Christmas time.
We took the kids to Starbucks on Sunday night for hot cocoa and Christmas treats. Chris took a big swig of my hot chocolate on accident and made a pretty big mess when he tried to spit it out in Robert's cup; it ended up all over the table and floor. He started downing the water but still felt yucky afterwards. We drove around for a few minutes to look at lights but Clara got bored pretty quickly and wanted to head home. On Monday Clara got to make birdseed ornaments for the trees. (That's sunflower butter for those that are concerned about her touching peanut butter.) I already had everything on hand and we waited til Robert's naptime to make them. Easy peasy.
I've got several other pictures to post, so I'll try to come back and edit this post if blogger will stop being so ornery.
0 comments:
Post a Comment