Friday, February 05, 2010

Robert's First Road Trip

Robert did wonderful on his first drive to Pecos. We pulled in to Pecos at about 7:00 p.m. Cody and Tanya got there a little while later. Grayson loved holding Robert. He looks almost as big as his big cousin in the picture. Tim and Linsey came on Saturday.




Bia's lap is getting a bit too small. This was on Friday night before Brody got there or else he would've been scrambling for a spot too.


Cody and Tanya brought their new puppy Holly. Clara was in love with her. She and all the kids carried that dog around all weekend.

Here's all the grandkids bathed and ready for bed on Saturday night. There'll be one more to add to the couch come summer! If you'll notice, Clara's hand is firmly planted on the dog.

On Thursday, we got up early to drive to Carlsbad so Nanny could meet her new great-grandson. I knew a winter storm was coming, but I was hoping to get there ahead of it. When we left Pecos it was 55 degrees and as we pulled into Carlsbad, the temperature had dropped and the rain had turned into snow and was blowing hard.

About an hour after we showed up, Chris' mom and dad pulled into town to love on the grandkids for a day. Once the snow stopped, Clara and Grandma had a snowball fight. Clara didn't have any gloves, so it was real short. That was her first time to play in snow so I wish I had brought some appropriate clothes for her to really enjoy it.

While in Pecos, Clara found me and Linsey's collection of Berenstein Bear books from when we were little. She carried them around all week and roped anyone who could read into reading one or ten. I had to get on to her and tell her to give people a break from reading. She would have been happy to be read to all day long.

Grandpa and Robert snoozing on the couch. I have a picture just like this of he and Clara at that age. Grandpa was very pleased to find that Robert has grown and matured in the month since Christmas and will allow someone other than Mommy to hold him.


I love this next picture of Margaret with her great-grandkids. It's pretty special since one has her name, and the other has her husband's.


We spent Thursday night in Carlsbad and headed back to Pecos the next morning. The snow had started to melt, the sun was shining and the roads were ice-free. And Robert slept the whole way! Linsey came back to Pecos Saturday afternoon and stayed for a few hours. We went out to eat, hung out at the house and then had hamburgers with the Coody bunch to celebrate Dashielle's birthday.

We got one last picture before heading to bed on Saturday night. I decided to leave a day earlier than planned and drove all day Sunday. We left the house at 6:45 a.m. and pulled into town exactly 11 hours later. It was a great trip, but traveling alone with two was definitely more stressful than with one. It was such a relief to be home.
Oh, and I need to brag on Robert once more before I forget. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night, he slept 8 hours! He hasn't done 8 since, but I have gotten 7 and he's up to 5 or 6 most nights. I now know that 8 is possible though. I'm just hoping it's not only possible in west Texas.

2 comments:

Linda Judd said...

That IS a great picture of Nanny and the kids!

We sure did have a great visit with all of you.

Anonymous said...

All the pics are wonderful!!

Cute little wiener dog too! Of course,not as cute as the kids!!

Thanks for sharing about your trip.

Nana in the North