Sunday, February 28, 2010

Let the Sun Shine!

We've been enjoying the gorgeous weather these last few days. Because it's been either cold, rainy, windy or all of the above pretty much since Robert was born, we haven't spent any time outside. It felt wonderful to bask in the sun for awhile.


Friday was Robert's first trip to the park. Clara played while I sat on a park bench and fed him. We took a few pictures and then it started sprinkling on us and thundering and lightening so we had to leave :( Bella was sniffing around the car when we went to leave. I called the phone number on her tag but didn't get an answer so I couldn't just leave her there with a storm coming in.

I had dropped the dogs off that morning to have a bath. Luckily I still had their crates in the van, so I just slipped her right in. Her owner was in meetings all day, which is why she hadn't gotten my message. She came by to pick her up that afternoon and said she must've slipped through the fence. Clara enjoyed having a substitute dog to play with while Max and Zoe were getting all cleaned up.

By the way, if anyone is in need of a good bath for their dog and you're in my area, let me know. For our size dog, they get a bath, blow dry, ears cleaned, nails clipped and anal glands expressed for $18. They use something that gets the hair out really well and ours didn't shed for about 2 months after their last bath which is impressive for our terrible shedders. I was 9 months pregnant the first time I took them in and I couldn't bathe them myself, which is why I paid for a bath for the first time since we've owned them. Now I'm hooked! They'll be getting baths at the groomer every few months now.




Yesterday evening Chris took the kids and dogs out to play a little frisbee. Zoe is officially not interested in the frisbee any longer; she much preferred to just sniff around. I think the only reason she participated (and by participated I mean barked incessantly) before was some kind of competition thing she had going on with Dingle. Dingle, by the way, is doing well. She hasn't seemed to be getting any worse. I think our stairs were really hard on her and she wasn't smart enough to just stay downstairs, so now that she's not up and down them all day, she's doing better. Plus, she has a doggie door, so I don't think she's having all the accidents she was before. Again, not smart enough to let us know when she needed to go outside.




Here's my little man after church today. I had to get a picture of him all dressed up, standing like a big boy. I could just eat him up!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Gorgeous little man and beautiful girl of course, can't forget Clara. He is growing so fast. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics!! I LOVE that one with Clara holding Robert in the tube!

Thanks for sharing!

Nana in the north