Thursday, January 07, 2010

She's Sick Again

Clara started running a fever yesterday. She was tired and had no appetite, but that was about it. She started sneezing and her nose started running later and then right before bed the barking cough started up. So, this is my first time dealing with croup. Her cough isn't bad at all. It just flares up when she's upset. I'm praying Robert stays well. We're washing hands a lot and she's quarantined on the couch and not allowed near him. I'm just hoping it's enough.

Last night and the night before, Clara has woken up screaming because of bad dreams. Chris and I both went in to her room last night. She was terrified and took a few minutes to calm down. In between sobs she kept saying "there was too much water". I thought she meant she drank too much and wasn't dry, but Chris questioned her a little more and figured out she dreamed that she was drowning. She just didn't know the word for it. Ugh! Stab me in the heart; I just about cried thinking of how terrified she must have been dreaming about something she doesn't even really have a good concept of.

Robert is doing well. His rash or acne or whatever it is has mostly cleared up. It's just dry red patches on his cheeks now. We weighed him at my 6 week checkup on Monday and he was 11/3 with clothes on.

1 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Oh, poor Clara! That's so sad, about the scary dream. I hope tonight is much more peaceful. Fevers used to cause bad "dreams" for Chris, as well :-(

I wish I were there to help out. You have your hands full. I'll be praying for you guys.