I was 119 pounds at my appointment on Tuesday which puts me up 20 pounds this pregnancy. The midwife said it feels like the baby is head down and although she thought I looked a little on the small side at first glance, I measured exactly on track yet again. I had my glucose screening test done at this apointment.
I asked lots of questions about the heartbeat thing and diet and I left feeling pretty good about my current state. The skipped beats have really diminished and although I get them off and on, they're not bothersome at all. I'm taking some supplements that should be keeping them in check.
I told her that they started a day or so before Chris left for Brazil for two weeks and I thought that the stress may have brought them on. She agreed. I wouldn't say I was outwardly stressed, but I think in the back of my mind, I may have been a little more than I'd like to admit. When Chris was in Rio back in May, that's when the plane leaving Rio crashed into the ocean. And then right before he left this time, there was the emergency landing of a plane from Rio to Houston because of turbulence and lots of people were injured. I made him promise to keep his seatbelt on from now on. Anyway, I don't think those incidences were a great help to my psyche.
She did ease up on my diet restrictions some. The other midwife is very health conscious and vegetarian, so I think her goals were a bit unrealistic. I'm still cutting out caffeine and sweets and doing whole grains most of the time. I'm getting a little sugar here and there and I'm not worrying about trying to only eat unprocessed whole grains like sprouted wheat bread and quinoa. Yuck. She said to try and be good 6 days a week and take one day to cheat. I can live with that.
Or at least I could until a couple of hours ago when they called me back about my glucose screening test. Yeah, I failed. My breakfast may have affected my results, so I'm going to take it again in the morning, this time after having only had protein for breakfast. Hopefully that's all it was and I won't have to do the three hour test.
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Prenatal Appointment- 28 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'll be saying some extra prayers for you. Hope the second test comes out just fine.
Post a Comment