Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Prenatal Appointment- 20 Weeks

I just got back from my appointment with the midwife. I'm 111 pounds and baby's heartrate was fine. The midwife said my uterus was measuring a little small; it's below my belly button in the front. But when she went to find the heartbeat, it was higher up than that on the right side. That's also where I've been feeling lots of movement. I've felt nothing at all on the left side. We'll just check up on it at the next appointment.

The excitement at this appointment had nothing to do with the baby and everything to do with the little 3-1/2 year old hellion I brought along with me. She was being rude, not listening, and getting into things. At one point, before I could say something, the midwife got onto her for hitting the wall with the umbrella. I was so embarrassed. I got onto her too, and the little toot did it again. It's obviously taking some time for Clara to get back into the swing of things since returning home on Sunday. Since she didn't behave at the appointment, she didn't get the sucker that was promised to those that behaved. She's not happy right now as she watches Samantha enjoy her sucker. And she's making it known.

0 comments: