Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween in Pictures

We headed out pretty early in the evening to take these to some neighbors and trick or treat at a few houses before going up to the church for our Halloween carnival.



We taught Clara to say "Aaargh" and "Shiver me timbers" when she went up to the houses. It was cute, but came out as "Shimmy a timmas", so I had to translate occassionally.




This is Sylvia. She babysat Clara a couple of months ago and Clara peed on their couch. Clara impressed us all with her one handed bucket drop here. First she picked a bunch of lollipops out of Sylvia's bowl and Sylvia insisted she take more candy by the fistful.




After trick or treating, we went up to the church. They had all kinds of games to play and the gym was filled with inflatables. Clara bounced in the bounce house and slid down the slide. Then she got her face painted, a tattoo, went fishing and did a few other fun games. This is Ms. Kathy. She's a sweetie that works in the nursery at church.



We went to Schlotzsky's after leaving the carnival and then headed home. When we pulled into our neighborhood at 8:30, there were quite a few trick or treaters out so Clara wanted to go again. She only got candy at two houses before because it was so early, so we decided to let her go do a few more. I'm glad we did, because we met a really nice couple as a result. They were very friendly and we talked for about 10 minutes.

Here she is with her haul from the whole night. I took about 10 pictures before she finally looked at me. She was a bit distracted by all the sugary goodness in her lap.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi there! I haven't been reading blogs lately, so to catch my comments up...
*I love her costume! She can really work that sword! I swore last year that my children would NEVER be princesses...see blog pictures.

*You're way awesome for making caramel apples. I made cake pops, but wasn't proud enough of them to post a picture.

*I also love to read. However, when I am in school I can't allow myself to. I can't put a book down until I'm completely finished with it, so nothing happens around the house, homework gets neglected, and my kids go hungry. Currently I am liking the Janet Evonavich books because they are a quick, easy, entertaining read.

Anonymous said...

umm, I think chris needs to be in full costume for the early years of Halloween! I would of suggested the girl from the pirate video with the pink hair?