Friday, August 29, 2008

Santa's Day Job

Turns out Santa has to work during his off season to afford all those toys he gives at Christmas. He's a mechanic. I'm serious; we (unfortunately) had the privelege of meeting him when we took the car in for some repairs this week.

He had a long gray beard and long gray hair pulled into a ponytail. He rides motorcycles, too. Come Christmas time he dyes his hair white and dons a red suit, attending Christmas parties and such. He actually was a really nice guy, one might say jolly even. He looks pretty rough and greasy in his off season though.

We did our part to contribute to his 2008 holiday gift giving. A $1341 contribution to be exact. He'd better be good to us come Christmastime.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Yikes! I am sorry to hear that! But it was for a good cause, right? Santa and all!

Anonymous said...

Jeep?

Kelsey said...

Nope, the clutch on the VW. We spent $650 on the Jeep last month (A/C, brake lights (not sure how long those were out), inspection, and oil change).

And $200 on Dingle's butt in case anyone's counting :)

Linda Judd said...

That's just not fair! I hate it when machines turn on me (or you).

By the way, I love your new blog template. Pretty colors and designs.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna check for grease under the fingernails when Santa gets here this coming X-mas!

And if there is no tale-tell under the nail residue from his OTHER job then I will know he's NOT the real Santa. But he's probably still a real mechanic...considering you spent all that money on him...I mean on your cars.

Thanks for the heads up.

G. in the north

PS. I agree with Linda...your new blog is beautiful!!