Clara did such a great job at her recital tonight. The dance studio has summer, winter and spring recitals, so I was a bit worried that it would mean costumes for each one. I was pleasantly surprised when we were told all the girls would be wearing black leotards and a t-shirt. They only wear costumes for the big show in the spring.
The recital had a summer theme, and Clara's class danced to Baby Beluga. They were sooo cute and I was proud of all of the little ones in her class for not being scared at all. There were probably 100 people in attendance. The girls sat with their teachers off to the side during the recital and I saw Clara standing up copying the dancers several times with a huge grin on her face. She was loving every minute of it.
At one point, Clara followed another little girl and ran in front of one of the classes while they were performing. I was not happy that I had to get up and grab her. And before the show, while she was supposed to be sitting with her class, she got up and followed a girl to the wall and proceeded to copy the girl by pulling on the decorations. She didn't know either of these girls either.
We've been talking a lot lately about not following our friends when they disobey the teacher. I can tell this is going to be a major issue for Clara. She is so well behaved until another child acts up. Then she wants to be right in the action with them. I have no idea how to teach her not to, but I'm guessing there's not much I can do at this age except keep trying to explain. Right now we have "the talk" on the drive to storytime, dance class and bible class every week. Hopefully as she matures, she'll be less distracted.
Here she is working on some of her moves before leaving for the recital.
And this is Clara and one of the girls in her class. Look how huge Clara is next to her and she's only 6 months older.
I hope she always has something in her life that brings her as much joy, excitement and pride as this dance recital did tonight. I love my little tap dancing ballerina.
4 comments:
Oooh. I'm so wishing I lived close enough to be there for these kinds of special times! Did you cry when you saw her up front, performing? I remember that every time I went to a school performance, and one of my boys stepped on stage I started tearing up. Especially when they were little. Well, shucks, I did the same thing just now, looking at your pictures of Clara!
I think it's wonderful that she's finding so much fun and happiness in her dance classes. Bravo, Clara!
How fun was that?!? She looks adorable and I know you loved every second of the recital!
She looks so happy. I was the same way with Bryce, I teared up when he received his kindergarten certificate and sang at his little end of school recital. I blamed it on the pregnancy hormones.
Those pictures are cute!
Post a Comment