Friday, May 30, 2008

Dingle Convo

I caught Clara talking to Dingle in sentences yesterday and thought I'd write down the conversation as it happened.

"Dingle is nice."
"Dingle has collar."
"Dingle has pink collar."
"Clara has yellow shirt."
"Dingle is sitting."
"I sitting next to Dingle."
"Here, Maxi."
"Hey Maxi!"
"Dingle?"
"Two. Two eyes, nose."
"Sit on couch."
"Dingle is soft."
"Dingle has owie."
"I sit on pillow."
"Hi, Dingle!"
"Dingle, here!"
"Wait, Dingle, wait!"

At this point in the conversation, Dingle had heard enough and tried to slip out of the conversation, but Clara dragged her back by the collar. She said all of this in a matter of a couple of minutes. It was just one sentence after another. This was the first time I noticed her using lots of prepositions in her speech and was a little surprised she was using them correctly. Now she just needs to master the use of "a" and "the" and "furthermore" and she'll be set.

--------

I know we're all tired of hearing potty stories, but I have to write down these two stories for the record. By the way, if you don't want to hear icky potty stories, go ahead and stop reading now. Oh, in case anyone is wondering, we've been accident free for 3 days now!

One day when we first started potty training, Clara had saved up her pee for 5 or 6 hours and had gone in her panties. She was wearing regular panties, a cover and a skort. Not realizing the insane amount of pee that was trapped in her panties, I went to pull them down outside of the powder room.

Pee went everywhere! She just stood in it crying. I pick her up and set her outside the puddle and tell her to stand still while I get something to clean it up. She takes off running, getting pee pee footprints all across the kitchen. I yell for her to come back. She steps in the huge puddle and slips, falling on her back. She was wallowing in her own waste and was not a bit happy about it. She cried and cried and was still crying after her bath. I had to sit and rock her a while to get her to calm down. I really hoped it traumatized her enough to not go in her panties again, but alas, it would still be a couple of weeks.

--------

Alright, that one wasn't so bad, but this next one will make you gag. Promise. Clara was sitting on her potty in the bathroom and mentioned something about poop, which of course gets me in there real quick. She had gone in her regular panties and when she pulled them down to sit on the potty, the contents of her panties got plopped onto the floor. Nice.

I pick up her panties to dunk them in the toilet water a bit (that's normal, right?). When I turned around to pick up the poop, I found that I was a little too late. Max had taken care of it. I was so utterly and completely disgusted! You too?

Later that day, I was in the kitchen and called Clara over. The dogs were in their crates and she was squatted down in front of Zoe and Max's crates with her panties around her ankles. I looked over right as she was pretending to scoop something out of her panties and feed it to the two of them. I yelled at her to stop feeding them pretend poop, so she quickly hobbled over to Dingle's crate and got one more scoop out and fed it to Dingle. You have no idea how much I hope that I don't witness this same scenario, only not pretend.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Congrats on the accident free days!

Anonymous said...

OK- I have tears rolling down my cheeks as I laugh uncontrolable about your potty training! Keep up the good work! Auntie Jacki

Erin said...

Gotta tell ya, I gagged a little on that Max "taking care of it" one. hehehe