Monday, February 11, 2008

Clara 1, Dentist 0

Clara won this round. We went to the dentist today for what was supposed to be her first cleaning. Yeah, that didn't happen. Try as we may, we were all unable to convince her that she wasn't going to die if she opened her mouth. They let her look at herself in the little mouth mirror, let her smell the grape flavored tooth cleaner stuff, counted her fingers with the little tooth picker thingy, and even tickled her fingers with the whirly tooth cleanermabob. Oh, and gave her some cool shades so the bright light wouldn't blind her. She wasn't falling for any of it. She must have inherited my hatred of dentists. That's a shame.

We'll just try again next time. Today, the dentist just took another look at her teeth and she got a clean bill of health. Another molar has broken through in the last few days, so we've got two down, two to go. The dentist said the other two are close, but not so close that they're about to erupt. That's too bad. Hopefully they'll come in without too much trouble.

---------

I am such a loser. I went to Petco this morning for dog food. When I came out and was putting the food in the back of the Jeep, I looked down and lo and behold, I had parked in a handicapped spot. I was so embarrassed. To be fair though, I looked and there was no sign. There was a pole, but the sign had fallen off. I thought that the cashier had been a little rude, but figured I'd just imagined it and chalked it up to being a Monday morning, but now I think she really was ticked off at me. Oops.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I'm SURE you put your cart away in the cart corral ;-) That should partly make up for mis-parking.

I never liked going to the dentist either. Once, when I was really little the dentist was trying to examine my teeth and I was crying very hard. Next thing they knew, my dad, who had brought me, had fainted in the corner!