Yesterday we had lunch at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse for Glenn's birthday. Clara was not fond of the fire on the hibachi grill, if you couldn't tell. It only flares up for a few seconds, but it took several minutes for her to compose herself. And then the other three grills lit up one by one, each of them catching her off guard again. Me no like fire
We headed back over to Glenn and Becky's last night for Glenn's birthday. It was nice, no football game to be found. The guys were upstairs playing Rock Band, while us girls were down playing Scene It. The little ones were entertaining themselves when we hear Leah exclaim, "Clara!". I ran into the kitchen to discover Clara up on a chair, leaning over the table, fingers in the cupcakes. She had stuck her finger in the icing of about 5 of them. Good thing Leah's on patrol, or else we wouldn't have had any cupcakes left!
Today, Clara and I headed to The Whistle Stop in Tomball for Erin's birthday lunch. It was a quaint little sandwich and dessert shop. Oh my goodness, the dessert was amazing. Clara and I had the raspberry cream cake and it was so good.
When we got back home, there was a package waiting for us. Grandma's friend, Gloria, sent Clara a book about going potty! We love adding books to our ever expanding library of potty related reading. We'll start studying this one for when I get the crazy idea to dust off the old potty and give it another go. Thank you Gloria!
3 comments:
poor clara! i can see why she wouldn't like the fire flaring up.
she's gotten so much bigger, even in the few months i've been reading! love her pigtails, too!
I'm sorry the flames scared Clara, but WHAT a CUTE picture you got out of that!
The two outdoor pictures are so good, too. And I agree, she's looking so grown up! I made a couple new scrap pages out of those two.
Kelsey,
I am laughing about MY timing! I had just read your blog about "hanging it up" not long after I returned from the PO to mail that book!! BIG oops, no poops! Kind of a cute chant, huh?
And it did occur to me that you perhaps had a large library of books on THAT topic.. but it was one I had not seen before so I sent it. As you said you can always take it out later...or loan/give to a friend! I certainly LOVED seeing the pics...though I must admit Clara does have a kind of "oh great, another one of THESE books to motivate me" look on her face.
She's a doll! Before long she will be sixteen, wanting to date and drive etc. and you will be looking back and wondering why you were worried about potty training!!
Grandma's friend, G.
Post a Comment