Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter

Ok, what was with this past weekend's weather? Hello, this is Texas..... in April. When I got to Pecos on Tuesday, it was 95 outside. Saturday and Sunday it was in the 30's! You'd think that I would've brought some warm clothes, or a least checked the weather before embarking on my journey, but I'm not that bright. I guess I was too consumed with the dread of an almost 600 mile trip with a 16 month old to be worried about something so minor.

My sister in law and her kiddos, Bryce and Wyatt, came in on Wednesday, and my sister Linsey and my mom were off on Good Friday, so Linsey came on Thursday. We just spent time enjoying each other's company, playing with the kids, going to Wal-Mart, and eating Kit Kat Blizzards. Very tasty. You can't live in Pecos without going to DQ and Wal-Mart at least once a day. It's the law, I think.

Here's Wyatt and Clara enjoying the weather and a few graham crackers at the park on Wednesday. We hit the zoo that day too. Yes, Pecos has a zoo. They've got a couple of monkeys, llamas, a walaby and a few other animals, including Paco the donated donkey.





Aunt Linsey, Bryce, Clara and Wyatt fighting over goldfish

It snowed a little on Saturday and was just plain nasty outside. Sunday was slightly better, but it was really windy, so no outdoor Easter pics I'm afraid. Here's Clara with one of her Easter baskets. This one was from Bia and Pawpaw and was filled with summer outfits, toys, Alice in Wonderland, and other goodies.



We went over to Myrt Myrt's house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. (In case you were wondering, Myrt Myrt is a person, my aunt to be exact.) The Easter bunny hid the eggs inside so he wouldn't freeze his hiney off.


Clara and Pawpaw



Longing to be outside on Easter



Clara and Big John (and Ebby)


The Easter bunny is notorious for going way overboard when he leaves his eggs to be found by my family. In years past, when my cousins and brother and sister and I were, for the most part, grown, (I use the term loosely) he was even known to put money in his eggs to entice us to hunt. I believe one even had a $10 in it. I'm telling you, you've never seen an egg hunt like that one. Teenage boys fighting over easter eggs is quite amusing.

Anyway, I caught up with the bunny to ask if there was some mistake. Were more children coming that I didn't know about? I mean, he left sooooo many eggs. He informed me that there were not; these eggs were intended for these three special kids, two of whom had no idea what was going on and one of them can't even walk yet. Clara pretty much just walked around with candy (still in the package) in her mouth, me dragging her from treat to treat.



"Aunt Linney stole my Easter eggs!"




Wyatt gouging Clara's eye out to get to her candy




He smiles now that he's got candy

It was a good Easter.

0 comments: