Like I said, I've been bad about blogging lately, so this post will make up for my lack of recent blogs. Part of the reason I hadn't been on much is because I've been trying to finish reading Memoirs of a Geisha, which I'm happy to report I finally finished last night. I really enjoyed it and we have the movie in our Netflix queue (which is why I had to hurry and finish reading it). I'm glad I read it first. I like to read the book before watching the movie and then see how differenty I pictured it. It'll also be interesting to see how badly I pronouced all of the Japanese names and words. I used to love to read, but kinda got out of the habit, so I've been trying to get back into it so's I can feel smart again. Spending all day with a toddler makes your brain a bit mushy I think.
Also, having a cold, or whatever this is, makes it hard to do much of anything. Some nights I felt sure my head was going to explode. I seriously do not know where all of this gunk that I'm blowing out of my head is coming from. I can blow my nose nonstop for 3 minutes straight. I stepped out of church last Sunday to blow my nose in the bathroom. A lady came in to use the restroom at the same time and I blew the entire time she was in the stall and I was still going while she was washing her hands! I apologized for the extreme nastiness she had to listen to while trying to potty.
Today Clara had her first dental appointment. I have a slight fear of the dentist and I'm a procrastinator, so I wanted to get her into regular visits as soon as possible. I got a brochure at the office that said 50% of 2 year olds have cavities! That seems so high to me. The dentist was so nice and the entire staff was friendly and caring and I was really impressed. (If anyone is in need of a pediatric dentist in the area, go see Dr. Matthews. His office is right off of 1960.) His waiting room had a beautiful hot air balloon mural and there was a neat boat built up against the wall that had steps going up to it and it had places to sit and was filled with stuffed animals to play with.
The dentist just had me hold her facing me, then I put my knees against the dentists and laid Clara back so that her head was in his lap and he did the exam. She cried most of the time. He said her teeth looked great and she has lots of space for her permanent teeth, so she got a clean bill of health. Everyone was very proud of Clara for not using a pacifier and not being on a bottle anymore, too, (which means Mommy was proud of herself as well). After the exam, the dental assistant took her to get a sticker and a balloon! Clara loves the dentist.
We blew bubbles in the front yard this afternoon. Well, tried to anyway. There's not a single bubble in any of the pictures I took. She was able to blow a few, but of course I wasn't ready with the camera.
About to bust a gut blowing bubbles
When Grandma came to stay with Clara in February, she started making a little tutu for her. Of course, I'm just now getting around to finishing it. She enjoyed prancing around in it and I was a little surprised she didn't tear it to shreds. Notice the bow in her hair? It's been awhile since she's allowed me to put a headband on her so I'm excited that she finally has enough hair to put a bow in (barely). We just had to go and buy a few. I thought these few pictures looked really nice in black in white.
3 comments:
Kelsey, I also read Memoirs of a Geisha, quite awhile back, and thought it was such a good read. I haven't seen the movie, though.
Glad you finished my unfinished project, the tutu. I thought maybe she'd have some fun with it. The pictures are sweet!
I hope you're feeling better very soon. The last time I had head congestion like that I told Dan that I thought my whole brain had turned to jelly and was coming out through my nose. (Hmm ... maybe it DID. Maybe THAT's my problem.)
[I had written this all out and then pushed Preview to check it -- and *poof* the browser quit and I lost it. So this is second time around. Not going to preview it this time.]
Dear Kelsey: I also have read the Memoirs of a Geisha. I have a good friend, who lives in Japan, but I knew him in Oregon, and he said the book is very true and the things presented are the way it really is in Japan for those girls.
Clara, you are such a sweetheart. I just wished I could grab you up and hug you when I saw your latest darling pictures. I wish we wer not so far apart.
Hugs to you three. I love you all
Nanny
I absolutely LOVE the B&W pictures. They are priceless. Hope that CJ is behaving himself. Holler if you need anything.
Post a Comment