Thursday, August 02, 2012

Somebody Pinch Me

because I must be dreaming.

Never in a million, zillion years did I think this guy would potty train in, get this, ONE DAY! I started potty training him on Monday, fully accepting the fact that I was delusional to even try and thinking I'd have the worst week imaginable before finally throwing in the towel.

Well, he showed me. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised; he likes to keep me guessing. I never thought it possible to have a positive potty training experience. I never once got frustrated with him. Here is the big boy with his first prize, Fillmore from Cars. I cannot get over how cute little kids are when they first start wearing big kid undies.




So the first day he had maybe 6 or 7 accidents. Most of them were small and he finished up on the potty. He had around 13 successes and by the afternoon, he was going without my even asking. He hadn't had an accident since 11 am, but when Chris got home, it threw him off a bit and he had two more accidents. He was back on track soon after though.

He even refused to wear a pull up for nap and woke up dry. Chris managed to get a pull up on him at bedtime and he woke during the night to pee and woke dry again! He had 18 successes and 0 accidents on Tuesday. Today is day 4 and he's still accident free (while awake).

We're still working on getting our undies up :)


2 comments:

Pat and Laura Potter said...

Wow! That is awesome! I so hope I can have even just half that much luck/success with Griff. We are going to wait a few more months. Great job Robert!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! AWESOME! Jace was an easy trainer too....however, I am still working with Rylen....sigh....hoping Kendall will be easy too! :)