Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Zoo Trip Complete With No So Great Pictures

On MLK day, Clara had the day off from school so I decided to take the kids to the zoo. My first mistake of the day was mentioning the zoo and then promptly parking at the hospital across the street to deliver a stroller to my cousin Michelle who was visiting her brother in the hospital. Oh boy, they were not happy about that little detour. Once we got into the hospital and said hello, I had to promptly high-tail it out of there before security decided to escort us out.


So then it was on to the zoo where I took a few not so great pictures. Like this one of the back of Clara's head and the elephant's bottom.


Or a couple with this elephant and the back of Robert's head.


The big excitement was seeing the Dora and Diego 4-D movie (second mistake). It was only 12 minutes long, but it was fun. You got blasted with fans and your seat started bumping around while flying in the airplane and then you got misted with water when they splashed in the river. When a banana was peeled, the room filled with the smell of banana. Robert fuh-reaked out. Big time. He loves Diego but wanted nothing to do with all that fancy schmacy interactive stuff. It was all I could do to keep him from screaming and bolting out of the room. Of course as we were leaving, he started crying for more "Eego" and I had to drag him out of there. Two year olds.


Robert got his first taste of cotton candy (at least I think it was his first) (third mistake). He wasn't quite sure what to think. I eventually had to pry a big chunk of wet, sticky cotton candy out of his hand to throw away. He was just sucking on it and it would not dissolve. Yeah, that was a mess. And naturally, he was unhappy about my decision to do away with the cotton candy.


Robert was screaming when it was time to leave so I could not wait to get back to the car and start the drive home. Well, because it was MLK day, it was completely packed aaaaannnd (fourth mistake) I forgot where I parked. We walked around for probably 10 minutes before I remembered the panic button on the remote. Sometimes I love technology. We were a looooooong way off. (Side note: I really should have a label that says Family Fun in quotes.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you are such a great mama!

Nana in the north