Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is in the Air

The weather here has been glorious the last few days. I think we're done with the triple digit temperatures and we've even had a couple of sub-90 degree days!! The mornings have been in the 70s. It's really sad when you feel the need to grab a sweater for temps in the mid-70s. And, we finally got some much needed rain for three days in a row over the weekend! Oh my goodness, we needed it sooooo bad. In case you didn't know, at the same time that the huge wildfire was raging near Austin, we had a very large one about 25 miles from us that started on Labor Day I believe. It's completely contained as of a few days ago but it destroyed close to 100 homes. Between the heat advisories and the smoke in the air, Clara has had recess twice in almost twenty days of school.


I took Robert to the playground at the arboretum yesterday and there were so many dead trees everywhere. It's so sad to see. With the storms over the weekend, many trees had fallen and there were a lot of branches littering the road. Crews were cutting up fallen trees to dispose of and you could see lots of fresh stumps from recently fallen trees. The trees around here are one of my most favorite things about this area; I pray this drought ends soon so they don't all disappear :(

Since yesterday's high was a balmy 87, I did something unheard of for me. I went to a second park after picking up Clara from school. No lie. Me, two parks, one day. Where's my medal?

0 comments: