Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Very Star Wars Weekend

Clara got a special surprise this weekend when J Dog showed up at our door Saturday morning. She opened the door and just stood there in shock, looked over at me and then hid behind the door. Not the reception he was hoping for. (She's been a little out of sorts this past week. I think she's nervous about starting school. Could've been the facial hair too.) She quickly warmed up to him though and was attached to his hip and hanging on his every word in no time. His girlfriend came with him, so Clara had a some competition for attention to deal with this time. Then we all went to breakfast once they arrived.

J Dog came to visit for a very important, solemn occasion: Clara's introduction to Star Wars, which is apparently the most incredible cinematic experience ever. We were going to head home and start the movie marathon after breakfast but hit a snag when we went to buy them. Jason had forgotten to bring his so we figured we'd just go buy the box set. It's a set we've talked about buying before anyway. Well, Best Buy and Target didn't have it. We were shocked; I mean how is it possible to not be able to find Star Wars? It turns out they're re-releasing it in a couple of weeks, so I guess it's impossible to find right now. We were able to borrow Glenn and Becky's copy so all was not lost.

Clara loved it! I was a little surprised, but she sat through all three of them, completely engrossed during some parts. When one was over she was begging to start the next one. She did have an expert sitting next to her that was able to (patiently) answer every single one of her many, unending questions, so I'm sure that helped. She found the Ewoks to be especially hilarious and just laughed and laughed at them.

Between movies 2 and 3 we took a break and had a little surprise party for J Dog. Technically it was only a surprise until he went with Chris to pick up the cake earlier. What made it especially surprising was that Jason's birthday is 4 months away. It was the perfect party for him though because for Jason, being 4 months early made it even better (you just have to know the guy) and not weird at all.

We had Glenn and Becky over for burgers and a Star Wars themed birthday cake. And then the birthday boy got to open his many Star Wars themed toys, I mean collectibles. That's icing all over Clara's mouth in this next picture.


After church, we had lunch with them and then hurried home so J Dog and Clara could play with his new toys for a little while. They built one of his lego sets and then an epic battle between good and evil played out on the kitchen table for a little while before they had to be on there way home.


All in all, a very successful weekend Clara will not soon forget. Thank you J Dog for helping make her weekend special. Oh, and I got this post up quickly just for you. You're welcome :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank all of you so much for my special surprise SW party. I had a lot of fun with Clara and Rob and hope everything goes well this week with school starting up. I will be adding these pics to facebook asap.