I had a few errands to run the other day so I figured I'd throw some bluebonnet coordinated clothes on the kids and stop for a picnic at the park with the bluebonnets afterward. (For those non-Texan readers, yes, you are required to put your children in clothing that will compliment the patch of bluebonnets that you force them to sit in. Non-coordinated clothing is unacceptable.) Another thing to know about bluebonnets is they are wildflowers and can mostly be seen growing on the sides of highways. I really don't like pulling over to the side of the road with a quick little toddler just to get a cute picture though and am pretty lazy about finding a good, non-busy, off the beaten path spot.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Some (Not Very Good) Bluebonnet Pics
This park has a nice big patch of them, but they keep them roped off for the better part of the season. That's why I don't have very good ones this year. If you remember last year, I sat them just on the other side of the rope. Since Robert was only 4 months old, I knew we weren't going to trample the flowers at all so I felt fine with my rule-breaking. Now back to the present. Clara stood on this side of the rope and I got a few good ones of her. Robert, well, Robert was being a perfect little 16 month old boy. He just wanted to pull on the rope and I had to snatch him from the other side a couple of times. And then he just ran around on the grass, mocking me and my camera.
You can just see it in his eyes, "Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!"
The boy just refuses to sit still!
They played on the playground for a few minutes and then we had lunch. I shared my apple with Robert but he eventually wasn't happy with just sharing, so I relinquished the apple. Oh, the cheesy grin is back. I've missed it these last couple of months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment