Since I've not put up many pictures lately or talked about what we've been up to, I suppose a quick post is in order. Here's just a snippet of the last couple of weeks. Travis came to play one day and he and Clara thought it was hi-larious when the stacking robots fell. Robert had to come check out what all the hubbub was about.
I finally convinced Chris that he was ready to take his two children out into the world by himself. I felt it was time to push him out of the nest. He'd been hesitant for the longest time because Robert was so attached to me and wanted to nurse constantly. Now that he's taking a bottle and eating food well, I talked him into it and Robert joined his sister and dad for daddy/daughter breakfast. Chris wants to keep it just he and Clara on Saturday morning though, so we're going to find a good time for father/son time. (Oh, and they all survived the morning and I thoroughly enjoyed my time off for good behavior.)
Robert went on his first bike ride. He's been on several more since and he's pretty neutral about the bike. He can take it or leave it.
Thursday was orientation and meet the teacher night at Clara's school. She starts preschool on Tues/Thurs. this week. She is soooo excited! When we walked into her classroom, she threw her hands in the air, yelled her teacher's name and ran and gave her a hug. And no, she didn't know her teacher before this moment. I think she gave three more hugs before we left.
This is the reading spot in her classroom. I love her teacher already; she had the entire Sweet Pickles book collection. My mom still has our set and I've brought a few of them home so Clara's already familiar with some of the characters. I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm just as excited as she is I think.
Daddy and Clara made a movie on Saturday. It's called "The Farm" and is coming soon to a blog near you if I can get Chris to put it on my computer. I joined in on the making of the sequal "The Barn" and give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
I took the kids to the fountains last week. Robert was more interested in plopping himself on the towel and enjoying a drink. This was his second trip to the fountains and he's really not all that impressed with them just yet.
Saturday evening our neighborhood had a pool party. We hadn't planned on going, but were outside as our neighbors were making their way over and felt like we shouldn't be so anti-social, so we went over for a few minutes before bedtime. Clara got to jump in the bounce house and we talked with neighbors for a bit. Robert started getting hot and cranky so we didn't stay too long.
1 comments:
I can't wait to see the movie ;-)
Blessings on Clara and her first day of school. I'll be praying for her.
Post a Comment